Our volunteers provide an invaluable service in pursuit of our goal to provide the best possible care by assisting patients and visitors with information, assisting staff in patient care areas and visiting with patients. They provide support and compassionate service to patients, families, visitors and staff in a caring and respectful manner. Our volunteers make both Martha’s Vineyard Hospital and Windemere Nursing and Rehabilitation Center very special places.
Requirements for volunteering:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old at time of application.
- Complete the Volunteer Application Form.
- Attend an interview.
- Receive a satisfactory result from background check (CORI).
- Complete required health screening.
- Attend an orientation.
- Commit to a minimum of three hours a week for at least three months.
For information about volunteer opportunities please call the Volunteer Office at (508) 957-0195.