Welcome to Martha's Vineyard Hospital
Since its incorporation in April 1921, Martha’s Vineyard Hospital has been committed to delivering high quality, compassionate medical care to each and every member of the Vineyard’s year-round and seasonal community, as well as all who visit here.
Martha’s Vineyard Hospital is a member of Partners HealthCare and an affiliate of Massachusetts General Hospital. This partnership allows us to provide our patients with seamless accessibility to the finest community-based medicine as well as the most advanced specialty care in the world.
The mission of Martha's Vineyard Hospital is to safeguard the health of island residents and visitors by providing and arranging high-quality, accessible medical care. This care will be provided to all, regardless of ability to pay, in an atmosphere that fosters respect and compassion.
It is the vision of Martha’s Vineyard Hospital (MVH) to be the trusted leader for the continuum of care for every islander. From inpatient acute-care needs, to ambulatory medical care and ancillary medical services, MVH strives to be the primary resource for health and wellness on Martha’s Vineyard. We will partner with those with whom we share comparable values to assure an equitable system of care that is comprehensive, minimizes duplication and meets community need.
Our Vision Calls us to:
- Be a comprehensive and equitable health system for islanders and visitors in conjunction with MGH and Partners Healthcare;
- Achieve the highest level of quality and safety in a critical access hospital setting for optimum clinical outcomes;
- Employ a patient-centered approach to healthcare with Primary Care the entry point and core of holistic healthcare;
- Be the healthcare leader on the island for population health and care coordination;
- Be engaged in robust community service partnerships aligned with our mission;
- Provide responsible fiscal stewardship to ensure financial stability in perpetuity;
- Emphasize a culture that embraces diversity, equity, learning, and the well-being of our employees and broader community.