Patient & Visitor Information During COVID-19
Your health and safety is our top priority. As we prepare to welcome back more patients, we are taking a comprehensive approach to prevent the spread of infectious disease. The entire team at Martha's Vineyard Hospital(MVH) is dedicated to keeping our patients, staff and community members safe as we reopen our practices, clinics and facilities in alignment with the state's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are fully prepared to provide you with the care you need most, when you need it—and we've made a commitment to keep you safe every step of the way.
Learn more about our Safe Care Commitment here.
Use the Prescreen App for Easy Access to MVH
Our Updated Visitor Policy- November 17, 2020
To continue to keep you, our patients, and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID pandemic, Martha’s Vineyard Hospital has updated the hospital’s Visitor Policy. We recognize this is a stressful time for you and your family and we appreciate your help and understanding.
If you would like to visit an inpatient, we recommend that you call the inpatient unit at 508-957-9360 prior to visiting to make sure it is a good time to visit.
Applicable to All Areas
1. To protect the safety of everyone, one asymptomatic visitor over the age of 18 is allowed within the hospital at a time. Exceptions include:
a. At the discretion of leadership, a child under the age of 18 may be allowed to visit a parent who is a patient.
b. No more than two visitors at a time are allowed for patients at the end-of-life.
2. Those waiting to visit or escort a patient are asked, whenever possible, to wait outside the hospital as visitor waiting areas remain closed.
3. Visitation may be prohibited on a case-by-case basis if visitation poses a significant infection control risk to patients, visitors or staff.
4. Some areas will have more restrictive guidelines as outlined in subsequent sections of this policy.
5. Any exceptions to this policy or circumstances not included in this policy must be approved by local Infection Control or their designee.
Screening of Visitors
Visitors/escorts will be screened for the following:
1. Symptoms consistent with COVID-19 per current MGB guidance.
2. Confirmed COVID-19 infection.
Visitors will not be allowed to visit if they have any of the following:
1. Any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or
2. Positive test for COVID-19 in the prior 14 days without ≥ 2 tests documenting clearance of infection
3. If they have traveled in the past 14 days to any area subject to the MA COVID-19 Travel Order and cannot attest to compliance with the MA COVID-19 Travel Order. Note: Essential visitors as defined above are exempted from these requirements by the MA COVID-19 Travel Order.
1. All visitors must wear their mask throughout their visit to the facility per Universal Mask Policy. Additional personal protective equipment will be provided as per specific instructions below as indicated. a. Vendors, contractors, emergency medical services personnel and law enforcement personnel must comply with the Universal Mask Policy.
2. All visitors must perform hand hygiene before and after visiting a patient.
3. Visitors must remain within the patient room for the entirety of their visit. a. Inpatient unit lounges remain closed to visitors. b. Because of the need to remove one’s mask, visitors should not eat or drink in the patient’s room.
4. Visitors are not allowed in the cafeteria, gift shop or other common areas of the hospital.
5. Visitors must exit the hospital directly and expeditiously upon leaving the patient’s room.
6. Duration and timing of the visit is based on the patient’s clinical needs. patient’s requests or other restrictions as outlined in this policy.
7. Respectful behavior is expected of all. Discriminatory or culturally insensitive language or behavior that is verbally or physically threatening is not tolerated.
MVH Entrance Map
For the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff, we have designated entrances for patients and visitors to use depending on the location of their appointment. Please refer to the map below for a department by department guide to which entrance patients and visitors should use. The entrances on site will be labelled with corresponding numbers and colors as depicted below.
Beginning Tuesday, November 10th, Family Practice and Pediatrics patients should enter through the hospital main entrance- door 3.