Patient & Visitor Information During COVID-19
Your health and safety is our top priority. As we prepare to welcome back more patients, we are taking a comprehensive approach to prevent the spread of infectious disease. The entire team at Martha's Vineyard Hospital(MVH) is dedicated to keeping our patients, staff and community members safe as we reopen our practices, clinics and facilities in alignment with the state's response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are fully prepared to provide you with the care you need most, when you need it—and we've made a commitment to keep you safe every step of the way.
Learn more about our Safe Care Commitment here.
Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 and Visiting MVH
Last Updated: June 29, 2020Click Here
Our Updated Visitor Policy
To continue to keep you, our patients, and our staff safe during the ongoing COVID pandemic, Martha’s Vineyard Hospital has updated the hospital’s Visitor Policy. We recognize this is a stressful time for you and your family and we appreciate your help and understanding.
If you would like to visit an inpatient, we recommend that you call the inpatient unit at 508-957-9360 prior to visiting to make sure it is a good time to visit.
Important details about our Visitor Policy – updated 6/11/2020:
- Patients who are not on enhanced respiratory precautions may have one asymptomatic (no COVID-19 symptoms) visitor over the age of 18 in the hospital at a time. Patients at the end of life may have up to two visitors.
- Patients who are on enhanced respiratory precautions are not allowed to have a visitor. There are some exceptions for Obstetric and Pediatric patients, patients with a disability, and patients who are at the end of life.
- Patients should please limit their number of visitors to one per day.
- Visiting hours begin at 1 and end at 8 pm to promote rest and healing. Exceptions may be made based on individual patient and family situations.
- Limited visitors are allowed into the Emergency Department only with permission from the Emergency Department staff.
- No visitors are allowed in our Ambulatory Practices and Perioperative Areas. Some very limited exceptions will be reviewed with you at the time of scheduling if needed.
- If you are waiting to visit or escort a patient, please wait outside the hospital as visitor waiting areas remain closed.
- Please exit the hospital directly and quickly upon leaving the patient’s room.
- Staff will review any exceptions to the above with you at the time of your visit.
While you are in the hospital:
- All visitors will be given a hospital-issued mask to wear when you enter the hospital. Visitors must wear this mask at all times while in the hospital.
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after visiting a patient.
- Remain in the patient’s room for the entire visit. The lounge on the inpatient unit remain closed.
- Please do not eat or drink while you are in the patient’s room as this requires you to take off your mask.
- The cafeteria, gift shop and other common areas of the hospital are closed to visitors at this time.
MVH Entrance Map
For the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff, we have designated entrances for patients and visitors to use depending on the location of their appointment. Please refer to the map below for a department by department guide to which entrance patients and visitors should use. The entrances on site will be labelled with corresponding numbers and colors as depicted below.